Stand Against Proctorio’s SLAPP – Update #28

What a day.

The appeal hearing began at 10am with agreement that it would be broadcast after all. I am glad it was accessible. No company should be able to keep you from seeing what they do in public courts.

I am continually in awe of the representation I have received from Arvay Finlay LLP. Since September 2020 they have defended me from a barrage of aggressive legal maneuvers from Proctorio, which have included applications to adduce more evidence, multiple attempts to delay proceedings, an appeal of a loss, a challenge to the constitutionality of the Protection of Public Participation Act, and on and on and on. Time and time again my lawyers have prevailed over Proctorio. One day I hope to be as good at my job as Catherine Boies Parker, K.C. and Julia Riddle are at theirs. Simply put, they are brilliant.

My family was with me today in court and I will never forget it. I had a lot of heroes today, and am humbled by all the support.

Today was very difficult. I feel relieved and exhausted. We should know the outcome of the appeal in a few months. In the meantime, I will rest. I will find joy. I will spend time with loved ones. I will be the best librarian I can be. I will defend vulnerable students. And you can be sure that I will never back down from my beliefs. I will always have my freedom of expression. No one can ever take that away.

Thank you all so much.

Sincerely,

Ian Linkletter